Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant (Baked Crab with cheese)@ Jln Sultan Ahmad Shah

If you follow what we did and waited till we had finished all of the other dishes before digging into this baked crab...my advice..DON'T!
This is the single worst baked crab I have ever had in my life.It made me wanna plunge into a volcano so that I could emerge transformed into Ultraman to single handedly destroy the cook.

This misadventure started off from another blog recommendation.You know?the kinda blog with nice pictures and whose owner possessed a nice,kind and wise face?Well lets just say that I had heard of this place before from other people.It was supposed to be the place to go for crabmeat served in its shell.I had resisted many times until I read the blog and then one day i said what the heck let's go.

We arrived and fell in love.It had an old world charm to it that was very colonial with the added bonus of the dining area being directly next to a beach.So fast forward we didn't have much hassle waiting for our meal because we were the first table of diners.We sifted lazily through the spring chicken,soup etc all the while eyeing the pile of crabs as it was supposed to be the highlight finale of the entire meal.

Then once everyone had finished we politely took a shell each and prodded.One of our table even exclaimed "wah! still smoking hot".I did the same.Lifted up the coating of cheese and took a swab of the delicacy beneath.Oh my gaaaawwwddd!!!Where's the tam poi?It was a big mash of overnight kept in the fridge flower crab meat that completely reeked with an unfresh stink so unfitting the end of a nice meal here.And what was that inside the mess?if I am not mistaken pork mince and mayonaise and gooey cheese.oh yucks I really regretted this.

If you have had the privilege of dining on scrumptious crab in a shell from Cherating or Kijal this one dish now makes me aware of why there aren't more places selling this dish in penang.It's because they can't,don't,never have and never will master this dish.

Do yourself a favour if you ever eat here.Not only will this dish burn a hole in your pocket it will also make you burn with the outrage at this wannabe YouCanCookSoCanI sham of a dish.So never order this dish.