Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hokkien Mee @ Lebuh Presgrave aka Sar Tiau Lor (night)

update : I was dragged back here a few nights ago by their loyal patrons aka my disgruntled acquaintances who were determined that I eat back my own words.I left them to order and when the dish arrived there was definitely more prawns slices (8 to 10)that were definitely thicker,more pork slices(didn't count still pissed with this) that were still paper thin,more taugey maybe like (25 to 30 pieces) and more noodles for the same price,the egg was still as unimpressive.
Hmmm..I wonder why that is?Is it because if their regular patrons were to order they'd give more or what i don't know but I find it strange that there can be such a big difference between the time I self ordered and when my friends ordered for me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't care what people say about the soup and the taste.I put this here because it is NOT value for money.

1.Pork slices are paper thin.
   I counted 4 inside.
  Can do mini origami.
   I think they achieved this effect by using their kids pencil sharpener on the
   pork

2.Prawn slices are paper thin.
   There were 3 and not even bigger than 5 cent coin put together.
   Fuh! Sure can beat Michelin chef wan!

3.No kangkong to be found cos costs as much as gold


4.Even the egg can melt in the mouth n disappear cos can you believe it?

   Oso thin like chicken got aneroxia.

5.Tauge got 10 pieces cos taukey up to monkey business


So kiam sap with ingredients even though do business for so long.
Cheh! not worth eating if u ask me