Monday, December 26, 2011

PCGHS Laksa @Taman Emas coffeeshop, Jalan Bagan Jermal

I think this is a matter of personal taste cos I absolutely hated this laksa version the first time I tried it.
There was no oomph,it wasn't exciting in the least.It didn't make my heart thump faster nor my saliva curdle thicker.

Found it to be such hype that it never occured to me that I should ever want to return for a retry.

Also I think the reason why this stall has many fans is due to the fact that this is kinda like a local hangout,where the girls from the school on the opposite side of this busy road,have grown accustomed to its taste,over the years.
They can still access this place later on long after they have joined the workforce, to escape the backstabbing environment and rekindle comfort zone memories associated with their adolescent years.

If you still don't get what I'm yapping about,ok,it's like this.
Each of us have our own very favourite canteen foods going back to our schooldays,which is a cuisine which we are pretty much forced to eat year in year out cos there's simply no other choice.
Just like if your mom were an absolute a bad cook,if you were held hostage towards consuming her sloppy culinary menu,eventually you would vote hers the best in the world,approximately 3 years after you leave the nest and find yourself miserably entrenched in a winter hell hole.

Thus,I am of the opinion that those who vote this the best,have grown to like the taste due to repeated exposure during their youth,a time where they hardly reject any place their peers like.

But now,when this particular stall has just emerged fresh with an award, from good grief....the so called Battle of Penang Hawker Masters,where the organisers had such a hard time recruiting the elites,they had to resort to practically begging for participation,and of all things,invited Axian (Jason Yeoh) the nincompoop eater to preside over the public vote-pro judging process,I suppose you might contemplate coming here for a tryout.

So go ahead,whip out your GPS and try if you must,but the fact that you might end up dissappointed is an understatement.

I betcha PCGHS laksa's most fanatical fans would never concur with you,that YOUR former school or a makan place within walking distance of it ,has the best assam laksa,economy rice and curry mee in the world now,would they?