Friday, October 29, 2010

Pau @ Old Greenhouse coffeeshop Jln Burma (night):A Halloween Tall Tale

Dear Edward ,

Thank god I didn't order their dimsum or I might not have lived to relate this tale to you.
I am a sucker for Pau.
Other than holding Jacobs well toned ones,I've had some pretty good yeast risen ones too,you know? What I would give during the witching hour when my hunger overtakes me, for those soft,hot,pillowy bites that you sink your fangs into and watch the squishy brown or black sauce spill over like the nicking that we do.
In Penang,laying your hands on the good thing is all about timing.If your timing is way off,then you have to contend with what little pathetic scraps left over.
It was someones recommendation for blood cakes from curry mee that led me here to this left over dump.Actually,that someone was you.Remember when you started to get some withdrawal symptoms (oh you bloody junkie you)that you fled out here with me in tow a couple of nights ago for a helping of blood cakes?yea...
Well,when I noticed that the Pau maker churned his wares out fresh onto huge bamboo steamers it made me sooo hot under the collar.I tossed and turned so many times in my coffin,I knew I just had to go back there and try it for myself.
So the other day,I crawled out of our crib/tomb and made my way by kereta sapu ,to this outlet.
I ordered a Big Pau,while the rest of the Zombie clan that had somehow latched onto the car and ended up hanging out with me, devoured some mini Char Siew,some mini Tau Sar and some Maikai.
At first I was quite puzzled as to why the Angel Of Death was hovering nearby snickering all night to himself.
My questions were soon answered.
The instant you chomp into the largest dumpling some toxic vapour due to the decomposition of the pork inside,will filter out and send you into a semi coma.
The Maikai is two toned,white and brown grained with a Toyol sized sausage circumsized and inserted atop the mound of glutinous sacrilige meant to prepare your body as a communication vessel for some Taoist ritual.
The mini paus look so cute but then sock you in the face with an instant candida infection coated with an overpowering scent of unsettled yeast.This is due to the fact that the Sifu is a freelancer that moves from place to place like a flour Casanova,believe it or not.
Darling,
I know we are already dead,but no harm trying right?
If it almost killed us....imagine....maybe we can recommend this place to the Volturi?

XOXO
Bella.
p.s. let's meet at Voodoo tonite