Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year,A New Beginning

Happy New Year to all Borhochiak readers.
Let's hope for no more Penang where not to eat places,
Some places bucked up,some took extended holidays,some couldn't cope with the sudden fame where customers whipped out their cameras to discreetly snap momentos and dissapeared off the radar to relocate to other places.
Once the crowd of outsiders/leave takers/school holiday makers/tourists/returnees etc started pouring in,yours truly fled to several other states...namely Perak,Kay El,Selangor and even to Kulim where I found the most overrated freshwater fish makan place on this entire planet that certain Penang establishments market by "word of mouth".It is a conjob I tell you.Don't you ever fall for that and don't worry I will divulge the details on Kulim later.
I would like to start the year by thanking you for reading this unconventional blog of mine that I started because I couldn't fit all of my rants onto my facebook posts.
You keep my fire burning even if you don't show your face.
Just in case you don't already know,the objective of my ramblings is to create awareness onto the hype that certain eating places listed here do not or should not deserve, as well as reveal unscrupulous food writers and bloggers.
The internet connected learn fast
There are less bloggers discriminately snapping away at their tables.They do it more discreetly now.This shows that these bloggers DO care about what people think of them and their writings.That they do take pains to improve and redeem themselves in our eyes.To them those much improved and caring,blogging community, I say a big thank you.
However I am sad to say that those who used to enjoy traditionally banging away at keyboards and submitting manuscripts,those who enjoy their names being out in print and plastered onto walls,those who revel in being treated like kings and queens at various joints have not.
The long established food writers,are a different kettle of fish.They are more interested in how to get in the editors good books and how to impress the owners of various borhochiak places with their previously published works or printmedia status.They have shown that they care more about fame than two cents about truthful reviews because they have enjoyed more trimmings off the silverware(equal to rasuah or corrupt practices if I dare say) than bloggers.Some have resorted to sneaky ways of ensuring that editors keep on taking their downright farce of a recommendation so that they can keep eating for free while making suckers out of all of us diners eager for new places to try.This bunch is so used to taking,that they now resort to desperately grabbing at whatever way possible to clamber and stay on top that it would be safe to summice that I(yes you heard right),I would rather trust a blogger than a newspaper or magazine food reviewer
To these bullheaded writers I wish you a one way ticket to Satan's buffet line in hell for 2011.A bit to harsh?Nah...don't pity them one bit,they deserve it for all the cons they've pulled.
Anyway,the fact that these buggers now know that WE know that THEY have taken us for a ride long enough,jumpstarted some changes.which is a good thing for Penang food lovers in the long run.
I start year 2011 with a toast to all of you readers,writers and bloggers..... both good and one helluva naughty who remain in the background silently reading all my nonsensey outpourings but truthfully borhochiak to the bone stuff,thanks for the change and thanks for caring.