Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Biodegradable Food Grade Boxes @ The State Run By The Fella With Hairstyle Like His Father's

13 days into inception and I already have had my first taste of what a biodegradable lunch tastes like.Whichever driftwood that came up with this idea probably had no intention to eat his lunch from one of these boxes.

When I decided on economy rice just the other day,the taukay soh handed me one,in which to scoop my pick of dishes into.Feeling a little heavier than the lightweight styrofoam ones not to mention slightly taller,takes some getting used to.The petite might want to do some light wrist warm ups before handling one.The fact that we know that it's made from paper somehow rears fear and an inbuilt suspicion as to whether the thing will collapse like origami once laden with weight.
On top of my bed of hot rice,I added some assam sauce followed by a dollop of spinach,chicken drumstick gulai and scrambled omelette with glass noodles.
It took me approximately 15 minutes to get back to the office by which time the vapour from the heat had completely steamed the internal part of the container.Due to condensation the bottom part had also softened a little and warped into a rounded shape like it were about to hiss.
Now what did my lunch taste like?
You know when we were in primary school,when the teacher taught you how to do paper mache?
Yes well my lunch smelt like paper mache.The paper mache process involves cutting newspapers into strips,followed by a good soak in water till they turn mushy.You then line half an inflated balloon with the strips before finally drying them under the hot sun.
Put in another way it felt like I was eating assam rice soaked in toilet paper,gulai chicken with kleenex sambal,spinach with julienned grey cardboard and omelette diced with some omnibus tickets.
Also I wish I had the power to summon Mr Strange Nerdy Hairstyle One down from the clouds of Komtar so that he can confirm if the lighter shade of the boxes is caused by bleaching and as such is it safe for human consumption in the long run?
Before my fat hope ever materialises please do remember to bring along your tiffin or tupperware.