Monday, January 2, 2012

Sin Chew @ Lebuh Katz

This is labourer class cuisine.
People,especially women come here because they don't want to sit perched on a tiny stool on top of another bench,diagonally across the road from Traders Hotel on Magazine Road.

Restricted to those who have been regularly dining on the fattest of pigs,offals and innards.
Sloppiest,roughest cut,grossest looking peasant style foods that tastes like a heavenly reminder of home cooked comfort food ONLY if you grew up on such a diet mind you.

Cholesterol is not an issue here,their rich ajinomoto soups being a major heartwarming draw.

What I would recommend that you avoid completely like the plague is their chicken dishes.

See,they're absolutely not cut out for fowl.
It smells ,it stinks,it's bad,it's horrid,its geli,it's jelak.
I took one bite,squirmed in my seat,spit out the remainder and chucked it aside.

Reminds me of the year old chicken cooped up by one relative,boiled,chopped and plonked on my plate to greet the new year.
For luck,they insisted I had to finish it,skin,meat and all.
Hard luck,after I dunked it in two tablespoons of ketchup,I retched all the contents of my stomach up .

Just don't,I'm not kidding.

Another thing you have to know is that this is a smokers den.They're everywhere.No way you can avoid them.They puff away like there's no tomorrow hoping you'll both meet on the journey to hell eventually.